San Gimignano is the undisputed star of this excursion, a medieval village that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, thanks to the characteristic architecture of its historic centre. On this tour we will create a ring, pedalling up and down the hills of San Gimignano, in the vineyards of Vernaccia, the olive groves and rows of cypress trees, without ever losing sight of the 16 towers of the world’s most famous medieval hamlet.
After a pleasant ride on a path that surprises us at every turn with the views of the medieval village of San Gimignano, we arrive in San Donato. Here, before climbing back into the saddle of our bikes, we will take a short tour of a local farm where the owners will pamper us with their delightful wines. Then, satisfied after this break, we will continue on our way back, tired but aware that we have cycled one of the most beautiful landscapes of Tuscany.
- Meeting in Montaione in the car park in Piazza Gramsci at 8:15am. See map
- For morning tours: meeting at 8.45, starting at 9.00 and return at 12.00.
- For afternoon tour: meeting at 14.15, starting at 14.30 and return at 17.00.
- Schedules are subject to change. The return time is a guide only.
- Payment in cash at the start of the tour. We do not accept credit cards.
- Reservation required within 48 hours (two days before the departure date of the tour).
- The rate does NOT include rental of mountain biking.