If you want to know more about the history and culture of wine in Tuscany, you cannot miss this tour; a journey through the scents and colours of the countryside, surrounded by beautiful landscapes and vineyards, where they produce high quality wines such as the Chianti di Montespertoli Docg.
Shortly after the departure, we will make a brief stop at the Wine Museum of Montespertoli, where we will know closely the history, culture and traditions of the wine of this region. Then we will continue riding our bikes passing in front of the beautiful church of San Piero in Mercato and we will continue riding up and down between hills, vineyards, olive groves, cypress trees typical of the Tuscan landscape, reaching Lucardo, a medieval fortified village of which only the gateway, some houses and the small church of San Marino and San Giusto remain.
After the village of Lucardo we will go back to the Castle of Poppiano where, immersed in scents, history and wine tradition we will rest by visiting the old cellars and tasting some excellent wines.
Then we will live a unique experience; we will go on top of the castle tower, where we will enjoy a spectacular view of the countryside of Montespertoli.
- Meeting in Montaione in the car park in Piazza Gramsci at 8:15am. See map
- For morning tours: meeting at 8.45, starting at 9.00 and return at 12.00.
- For afternoon tour: meeting at 14.15, starting at 14.30 and return at 17.00.
- Schedules are subject to change. The return time is a guide only.
- Payment in cash at the start of the tour. We do not accept credit cards.
- Reservation required within 48 hours (two days before the departure date of the tour).
- The rate does NOT include rental of mountain biking.