This river, which gives its name to the valley, at 63 km long is the 5th longest river in Tuscany. Originating from Montagnola Senese near Sovicille (west of Siena), and winding through the towns of Colle di Val d’Elsa, Poggibonsi, Certaldo and Castelfiorentino, it eventually meets the Arno river a few miles west of Empoli near the border between the provinces of Florence and Pisa.
After crossing a bridge over the river Elsa, we traverse the rolling hills of Castelfiorentino along country roads, through vineyards, olive groves and farmland. We will admire the natural beauty that surrounds us and the unmissable sights of the panorama of the Tuscan countryside until you reach the Castello di Oliveto where we will take a well deserved rest, tasting the typical products of the farm.
- Meeting in Montaione in the car park in Piazza Gramsci at 8:15am. See map
- For morning tours: meeting at 8.45, starting at 9.00 and return at 12.00.
- For afternoon tour: meeting at 14.15, starting at 14.30 and return at 17.00.
- Schedules are subject to change. The return time is a guide only.
- Payment in cash at the start of the tour. We do not accept credit cards.
- Reservation required within 48 hours (two days before the departure date of the tour).
- The rate does NOT include rental of mountain biking.