The Via Francigena is an ancient pilgrimage 1600 km long, connecting Canterbury to Rome. In the tenth century, pilgrims from every part of Europe walked this road to go to Rome to visit the tomb of the Apostle Peter, and then to continue to the Holy Land.
On this trip, retracing the same steps of the pilgrims on the Via Francigena, we will live a unique experience on a journey between history and faith in the silence and peace that only this land can give. Departing from Montaione you descend into the valley of the River Orlo and then climb up to the Parish of Coiano where we pick the Via Francigena. Once in Gambassi Terme we pass in front of the church of Santa Maria in Chianni then descend to the valley of the River Casciani. We will climb up to Pancole with its charming sanctuary and finally arrive in San Gimignano where we will make a brief stop in the shadow of its 16 towers to recuperate.
- Meeting in Montaione in the car park in Piazza Gramsci at 8:15am. See map
- For morning tours: meeting at 8.45, starting at 9.00 and return at 12.00.
- For afternoon tour: meeting at 14.15, starting at 14.30 and return at 17.00.
- Schedules are subject to change. The return time is a guide only.
- Payment in cash at the start of the tour. We do not accept credit cards.
- Reservation required within 48 hours (two days before the departure date of the tour).
- The rate does NOT include rental of mountain biking.